Regular chats is the most common and simple way to chat with someone using Xabber. Here is what you need to know about regular chats:
- Communication between clients and servers is protected by TLS (Transport Layer Security) protocol;
- TLS protocol is unlikely to be broken. To be 100% safe, never dismiss certificate errors without investigating the cause of error;
- Many servers store message history of regular chats in Message Archive;
- Messages in Message Archive are NOT encrypted;
- This allows easy device synchronization and server-side history search, but adds privacy risks;
- Attacker with access to the server that stores your chat history can read all your chats;
- Best way to mitigate this risk and retain all benefits is to run your own Xabber Server in a location you control.